Thanks to all who responded specifically to my question! Due to them, I have more than enough information for my article.

Turns out the average age of its fans who responded is just about the same as the 7mm Remington Magnum itself, 58 years! Which means they weren't attracted to it by the first burst of publicity, but by its enduring usefulness.

The age distribution of its fans is also remarkably similar to American hunters in general. A 2019 analysis of Americans who bought hunting licenses found the largest age-group was 45-54 (23%), and the next largest 55-64 (21%).

It also turned out that my old friend Dennis, who first suggested it was a "geezer round," is 58 years old. He's more of a .300 magnum fan, and one of the .300s he's used a lot is the H&H--which some of us would definitely consider a geezer round.

I also guessed the thread would eventually devolve into a typical Campfire/Internet shouting match, because that's just about inevitable with any thread that continues for more than a few pages.

Good hunting!
John

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck