I think that the earlier poster that called it a "Geezer cartridge" is onto something. 71 my last birthday and being a geezer and 7mm RM owner since the mid 60's qualifies me. I wasn't flush enough back then to afford a bunch of different rifles and I knew that some day I'd be out hunting an elk or a moose in addition to our Midwest deer. I'd borrowed a .30-30 and it was too little. Then I borrowed a .300 WM and it was too big. The 7mm RM was just right. My elk were on the meat pole right along side my buddy's .300 WM and .338 WM elk, so what's not to like? Then one cold November deer season the recoil of that big 7 compressed the down in my parka and that scope back into my forehead knocking some sense into me. All I was doing was blowing the heck out of the woods behind the deer that I was shooting. I built up a similar 7mm-08 and that 7mm RM hasn't been out hunting since. I'm too old to run those mountains any longer and it's a travesty to let that 7# all up 7 Magnum (tuned, turned, Brown Precision Kevlar, hard chrome, camo, Euro Swarovski) sit in the gun safe, but that's our story.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory