[quote=Switch][quote=jwall]

Within 300 yds the 7 Rem Mag offers no advantage.

CERTAINLY and w/o doubt, I have killed many more deer UNDER 300 yds THAN 400 +..
The problem is WHERE I've hunted and hunt today, I never know how close or far away I will have a shot.

With a 7 Mag... it doesn't matter.
-----------------------------------------------------

Switch said...

... and still disagree about how flat the 7MM Mag is compared to say the .270 Win or 30 06.

I really think you are kidding your self as there is only about 2"or 3" of difference at 500 yards, Two inches at 500 yards is no difference!

*** Not trying to pick a fight, just my humble opinion.*** I lost a deer years ago due to long rang poor shooting on a windy day, leaving and animal to die a terrible death. Never again! I still think in horror about my poor judgement 50 years later. I always try to get closer than 250 yards

Keep your stick on the ice Jerry!
------------------------------------------------------------

I say..

The trajectory diff we are talking about has to do with sighting in. I use MPBR +/- 400 yds..... +3 " at 100 yds.
I chrono all my hunting loads IN my rifles and their barrels. NO factory ammo.

I've used this MPBR since the 80s and am familiar with it. At 400 yds the drop below the cross hair is 7-9" depending on specific velocity AND bullet.

NO I'm not kidding, it is more than 2" at 500 yds.

** I'm not picking a fight either. "Poor shooting AND excess wind" are NOT the fault of the 7 Mag.

XO XO XO laugh laugh

Jerry

Last edited by jwall; 04/10/20.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!