I haven't read all 43 pages, and I would guess the article has went to press; but I will give my input anyway. I started hunting with a .30-06, bought a 7RM because I wanted a gun that shot flatter, hit just as hard, and didn't kick a lot. Mission accomplished, although I am not sure it hits any harder than the .30-06 which never left me wanting. Really, the smart play would've been to put a better BDC reticle scope on the '06.

I've used it to kill Pronghorn, Whitetail, Mule Deer, and Elk. Mostly used 140-150 grain bullets with one 162 ELD-X at ranges from 30 yards to 400 and change. I'm 38. If I was to do it again, I would buy a .300 and shoot 180's. The performance would (probably) be the same, except for getting kicked more. Reason being, I wouldn't have to stand on the .300 to get the velocity I'm shooting for (no pun intended), and I would only have to buy .30 caliber bullets. Edit: //As an aside, I have used a .300 Win on Deer and it was the same performance as my 7, using a 150 TSX. //

I use the 7 for everything except varmints and Coyotes, but have shot them with it too.

Last edited by TakeEm; 07/22/20.

Isaiah 6:8