In Dec., 1992 I bought a Custom Super Grade Win. 70 in 7mm RM. In July, 1993 I found a longitudinal crack in the receiver and the gun went back to the factory in the States. Up to this time accuracy had been spotty with 1500 rounds through it.
In April, 1994 the rifle was returned, rebuilt with new receiver, barrel and stock but with the original serial number. I assume the latter was to facilitate getting it through customs.
A year or two later I took it hunting and got a moose with it. Since then the round count had gone up to 1500+ by Oct., 2017. It has since remained unfired.

In my opinion it is an adequate cartridge when placed correctly. I have several other cartridges that do the job as well so I don't expect to ever hunt with it again given that I am now coming up on 83 y.o.

Jim

P.S. The current rifle had a slow barrel. A Nosler book max. load of R22 with 160 grain bullets was 450 f.p.s. slower than the book figure. As a result my loadings since then have always been heavier than book suggestions with no apparent affect on cases.

Last edited by 1OntarioJim; 04/09/20. Reason: add more info.;correct a date.