Originally Posted by Filaman
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
[quote=hanco]It seems there are many 7 mag fans

Hanco,

Yep! Which is the reason it's a standard chambering with just about every centerfire rifle company on earth.

But the response from lots fans also isn't surprising, because my initial question only asked for responses from fans, along with their age, to see if 7mm RM fans are older than most hunters.

This was partly because somebody here suggested the 7mm RM was a "geezer" cartridge, preferred primarily by hunters who are behind the times. (By the way, I know the guy who suggested that, and he's about a year older than the average fan who responded. And he's not a fan of the 7mm RM because he prefers the .300 Winchester Magnum and, get this, the .300 H&H. Talk about a geezer cartridge!)

Probably the major reason any non-fans responded is they never read the original post, instead just the header, "7mm Remington Magnum?" Whereupon they jumped right in with their opinion, because the Internet allows anybody to vote, even without photo ID.

I'm a geezer and not a hater. I know full well why you started this thread. I also can't figure out why anybody would not be a fan of a cartridge that's as popular and capable as the 7RM. And I, like many who posted here, am not going to let the chance of commenting on it go to waste. I get pissed at negativity over an inanimate object, and one that is so proven. I don't hate any cartridge, especially one that has done as much as a 7 Rem. Mag. through the years, It's like the .270 Winchester on another forum I have been a member of for 13 years. It gets a lot of negativity from just plain hate and a lot from many who think it's funny to agitate its fans. Until I came here I didn't realize there were so many 7RM haters. It's just too fantastic of a cartridge to hate. Now true, I said I preferred the .270, but that's because of what I hunt and where I hunt. Most of the time I just don't need it. If I hunted larger game or even deer at longer ranges I would use it more often. I love mine and on occasion I use it. It fills a niche and it does it with aplumb or an apple or whatever you like, LOL!.

Last edited by Filaman; 05/14/20.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!