Blackfly1,

I learned the 7mm Remington Magnum isn't popular only among "geezers," who remember all the popularity (and hype) after its introduction in 1962. The average age of the 24hour fans of the round who responded to my question was 56.8 years--which means they were born just about when the 7mm RM appeared. (This is also a little younger than the guy who called it a geezer round, who also admitted to me that the two belted magnum rounds he tends to use have been the .300 Winchester Magnum--which appeared one year after the 7mm Remington Magnum--and the .300 H&H.)

I also learned--or rather, had it re-emphasized--that many Campfire members are eager to respond to any post that allows them to "vote" their opinion, even if their opinion is irrelevant to the post. I wanted to know the age, etc. of fans of the 7mm RM. Instead quite a few expounded on why they didn't like the 7mm RM, and which big game cartridges they preferred. But that's common on Internet forums, apparently because not enough humans get to express their opinions to other people who never asked for 'em. Though I have known some shooters who do spontaneously start lecturing other shooters as soon as they're introduced, about subjects only important to the lecturer.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck