Originally Posted by Ducksanddogs
Originally Posted by deflave
I hate to ask a rookie question, but do you scratch or low handicap golfers have a ball preference?

I hear people go on and on about this and I always laugh because it seems so silly unless you're a true baller.

But maybe it's a thing.

It’s a thing.

Think about it like bullet choices through different barrels with different powders.

That’s why I dropped that “ball fitting” comment into the club fitting conversation. It’s easily accomplished with a launch monitor, although one definitely isn’t required.

I played a ProV1x forever. Recently switched to a TP5x. Jury’s still out. My honest opinion is that they perform so similarly, why change? I’ve spent 25 years looking at “Titleist” at address, why change that up for a yard, or two.

If you’re going to be playing this much over the next few weeks/months, grab a few different sleeves and play a sleeve until it runs out and then try whatever sleeve you pull out next.

If you don’t mind spending a little money, I’d start with ProV1/ProV1x, AVX, TP5/TP5x, Bridgestone Tour B (match one to your swing speed or pick a few different versions), and I’ve played and liked Srixon’s Z-Star XV. A lot of folks really like Callaway’s Chrome Soft/Soft X, but I’ve never been a fan of their golf balls.

Why do you prefer one over the other?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house