I've been an outside guy my whole life, grew up surrounded by cotton, alfalfa, maze fields, citrus groves by the mile, canals and ditches, we had livestock, milk cows, horses, raised calves, rabbits. Had BB guns then 22s and shotguns. Our chores and play was outside.

What does that have to do with golf... golf is outside, the smell of grass, ponds, natures beauty, waterfowl... it just suits the eye to an outdoors person.

Then the personal challenge, it's the hardest thing to attempt, no one can master golf, I've seen Tiger Woods make a 10 on a par 3, the best can recover quickly from failure, the best are better than everyone else, they aren't better than golf itself. I suppose if someone played a round and birdied every hole, they could claim to have mastered it for a round... never happen.

There is nothing negative to being outside for an extended period and working on physical dexterity/self discipline/concentration. Only thing that comes close to it in the hunting/fishing world is archery and archery isn't as hard.

Get your kids and grandkids out there through some of the programs, support if they want to continue. You can't go fishing all the time or camping or hunting, but you can hit the links or the driving range for an hour or two any afternoon with the kids.

Kent