Originally Posted by deflave
I understand the argument against indoor club fitting and analysis. I was just curious as to where people typically go to have it done.

There are places locally that let you play a round after they fit and equip you with clubs, but all the fitting takes place indoors.

I have checked with Titleist and their website says “no events scheduled near you.” Could be a COVID thing, I don’t know.

PXG might be the ticket. I will find a veteran to purchase them for me.

It's not that you don't get great info from the launch monitor indoors. Spin, ball speed etc all matter.

But, for instance, if the big "difference" between your driver and a new one you are looking at is carry/distance, but your spin is about the same, there's a better than even chance that it won't translate to the course, or at least not nearly as much. I can hit drives 300 more than rarely on the PGA Tour Superstore launch monitor.

I never do it on the course without the aid of gravity (downhill hole) or god (gale force winds).

If you get fitted, just swing. Don't do anything differently because you're being watched and getting fitted. Within reason, you can buy a better game, but the fitter needs to be working with your natural swing to do it.

As for where, I asked my 1.7 index buddy who he used. It was a local pro at a country club who did the fitting at a driving range.

Not cheap, but worth it. Poor bastard has to bring a freaking trailer full of stuff to the range.

With store bought clubs my league handicap was 17-18 for years.

Immediately after new, fitted clubs 12-13. After learning to putt, 10-11 this year.

Golf is more fun when you know you're not shooting >100