I would say he probably knows more than you.

I have consistently said that I do not know how this war will end. But here's what I can promise you, not a god#^%m one of these Putin peter puffers knows either. You could get the exact same crap they are peddling by watching state sanctioned Russian tv. Which is of course straight up propaganda. I'll also say this. Every prediction they have made so far has been wrong. When Russian first rolled into Ukraine this was going to be over in a week. Wrong. Then the Russians were certain to take the capitol of Ukraine. Didn't happen. Then they tried to pass that failure by the Russians off as just a feint. It wasn't. It was just a failure. Then Russia was just going to slowly and unstoppably grind across Ukraine from the east. Then that stalled. Now the battle lines are moving in the other direction. Tell me how many times do these guys have to be wrong before your confidence in them starts to waver. Got a number for me? Seems that being able to read Tolstoy in the original Russian doesn't provide much insight into current events.