Originally Posted by plumbum
Originally Posted by Hastings
All this over the nasty country of Ukraine that we should be happy to give to Russia.
You have been to Ukraine?
Hell no. I would go backpacking in Haiti or Mexico before I would go there.
Well then how do you condemn the whole country and its residents as "nasty" and deserving of Russian subjugation?
Just prejudiced I guess. Against countries that launder foreign aid from the USA and bribe our very worst politicians to send them more money to divvy up. That is if even 1/2 the news about that is true. We heard Joe Biden in an unguarded moment (imagine that) bragging about extorting them. They have provoked Russia into taking action to protect Russians from bio-labs, NATO expansion, and murder of ethnic Russians if 1/2 of what we hear is true.

And bear in mind the news we get is heavily censored in Ukraine's favor.

Assuming you do why would you favor Ukraine?

I mostly wish we would stay the hell out of Europe's and Asia's troubles. We should have let them fight it out in the first World War.

Any country receiving foreign aid is a likely launderer. That's why they need foreign aid. I personally don't know how much "laundering" goes on in Ukraine, or any other surrounding country, and I bet nobody elsecwasting time on this website does either, but I bet the differences between any 2 neighboring countries in that area is a matter of degree, with less as one moves west, and more as one moves south and east. Russia is at least as bad as Ukraine.

I have been to two "corrupt" countries in Europe, they were awesome. Italy and Greece. France has a love/hate relationship with corruption, tax evasion is a national pastime and practically a resumé-builder. Not Germany or Scandinavia, though. Still, all beautiful.

Alleged corruption itself is hardly a reason to wish ill upon a nation. And I do hate corruption.

I don't believe the "bio-labs" or "murder of ethnic russians" stories at all. Russia has biolabs and uses chemical weapons to assassinate people at home and abroad, they are in no position whatsoever to complain about anybody else. None. The 'persecution of ethnic Russians' is straight out of Hitler's Sudetendland playbook, and Hitler just recycled it from somebody before him.

NATO is expanding for the only reason that the new countries want not to be under Russia's thumb. I personally would not have expanded NATO in the fashion we have seen, but it was done in response to Russia.

Sweden and Finland are examples of that.

I like Ukraine for the same reasons I like Russia; the culture, history, people, land, all of it.

What I don't care for is one country invading and occupying another. I guess I root for the underdog a little, and I don't care for land grabs. I was impressed with how Putin turned Russia around, efficiently and effectively, with good monetary policy, but then he started acting like a murderous bully and that was enough for me.

Yes I understand the USA has invaded, but we left, too.
Russia is the "boogey man" that creates the motivation to send piles of money to a country and then send a portion of it back (secretly) to corrupt politicians. That is why there is virtually no demand from any American politician to prosecute Hunter Biden. That would expose way too many secrets to common tax paying Americans about where their money is going and who's raking it in.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.