Originally Posted by Daveinjax
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
From the various videos on the SU-34 crash it sure looked like it was hit by a missile just before impact and pilot ejection. I seriously doubt it was a “training accident” but I’m not familiar with the Russian training programs. Maybe they do a lot of training in war zones or maybe they don’t want to admit that ANOTHER of their advanced weapons of war were shot down by a kid with a BB gun. 😂

You do realize that the SU-34 crash is nowhere near the Ukraine ? I find it completely believable that what is pictured in the video is an engine exploding. It happens to our forces on a regular basis also. I’m sure the training tempo in Russia has picked up considerably. If you fly high performance military aircraft much there will be catastrophic failures. I used to fish some of our aircraft wrecks under the training area in the Gulf of Mexico.

I am no where close to being qualified to speak to the intricacies and technicalities of Soviet combat aircraft….or any aircraft 😁. I was only taking a “SWAG” (scientific wild ass guess) based on the short video but I’m ZERO percent confident in my SWAG so I’ll defer to all of you guys that have a lifetime of experience with aircraft and flying. I know what my shortcomings and limitations are so you likely won’t see me arguing over aeronautical engineering or the technicalities of combat aircraft. 😁

I usually do more reading and less talking when those subjects arise and I’m fascinated by the information and stories from guys that have BTDT. I don’t know how many hundreds or thousands of hours I spent listening to my father in law tell me tales of time in SE flying for Civil Air Transport (CAT) and then Air America. My wife and her family are involved in aviation and our daughter is soon beginning her flight training since her dream is to become a commercial pilot too.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~