Its really sad how dumbed down war monger Americans trailer trash are now.American soldiers can't afford to feed their families yet we are sending over 60 BILLION now in US tax monies to Ukrainian billionaires.

Biden clown show dummies

Originally Posted by bellydeep
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I don’t think Russia or the US planned on a war like this.

For Russia’s part I think they planned on going in there, taking the territory they wanted and making a quick deal after showing people they weren’t fcking around. They didn’t plan on this level of foreign support that is in and of itself so damaging to the Ukraine and the western nations themselves.

I think the US hawks saw an opportunity to make Russia bleed and took it.

The danger is that the Russians aren’t going to back down with this being in their backyard anymore than we would if we had invaded northern Mexico. And the American plan is sort of ad hoc with no real plan of what victory looks like except for complete Russian capitulation which isn’t realistic unless there is a direct war between the US and Russia.

No matter how many billions of dollars we send them, Ukraine will never able to defeat Russia on the battlefield. I guess from an American hawk perspective the best outcome is a bleeding sore that costs Russia men and money and eventually fatally undermines Russia and the Putin regime. Of course, the problem with that is that history shows us that such uncertainty would likely bring a MORE hardline and anti-western regime into being.

It’s a very dangerous, wasteful, and useless endeavor that if it doesn’t get us killed in the short term, is going to have cascading ramifications for decades to come if not longer with all kinds of unforeseeable outcomes.

That is a very astute and succinct analysis, JoeBob.

The only parts I disagree with is that you state Putin only wanted some territory and that Ukraine cannot defeat Russia.

Putin tried for Kiev early on and would have taken the whole country if he could have.

Regarding the second assertion, I guess it may depend on the definition of “defeat,” but in 1917 Russia’s involvement in WWI sparked the Russian Revolution.

Afghan guerilla fighters repelled the Russians in the 80’s and were one of the factors causing the break up of the Soviet Union.

Only Stalin was able to maintain political stability AND run a costly (both blood and treasure) war, and he did so through an extremely oppressive totalitarian state, which essentially made ongoing efforts in WWII the better alternative. Of course, he also had the Nazis’ butchery and mass executions to help him keep the people in line.

Putin may poison a few adversaries here and there, but he’s no Stalin, and I’m not sure if he could implement such practices today with the internet and social media, etc. To run such state, you need mass censorship and propaganda. I don’t think the Russian people would allow it today.

At the end of the day, Putin launched an invasion that was not clearly necessary from the Russian perspective. As the bodies pile up, his support will erode.