Originally Posted by Houston_2
UN investigators have determined that Russian troops have committed multiple heinous war crimes in several of their formally occupied locations and say that Russian leadership must be held accountable.

The Hill, The Guardian, Reuters, BBC

They had that story spun up from before the invasion and it gets refreshed every couple months. I read an article that I thought was a decent and fair assessment based upon their methodology and technology used in coming to their conclusions but they were a biased NGO. In their assessment up to that point was that Russia hadn’t done many of what they were accused of. Certainly they “perpetrated” some but they found that the Ukrainians quite possibly committed some and in fact some of what Russia was being accused of was in response to the initial potential war crime by Ukraine like garrisoning in hospitals, schools, civilian areas, etc.

It’s war and when it’s finally over I’m quite sure there will be plenty of evidence that both sides did many questionable things but I have a big hurdle to get from urban warfare in civilian areas to war crimes. Almost all war is
criminal. I saw the early video of Ukrainian soldiers shooting their bound prisoners in the pelvic girdle as they got out of the van they were transported in. Unfortunately I think there will be a lot of “mass graves” which the media infers are automatically criminal, they aren’t.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~