Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by JoeBob
And yes, even if the possibility of nuclear war is slim,

I wouldn't call it "slim". In fact, I see it as inevitable if the crazies who control the U.S. government have their way.

I mostly agree with that and “slim” is a matter of opinion. I’ve seen some quacks who support the war say it’s “…less than ten percent” and call that slim. Well, I would say a ten percent chance of the immediate end of human civilization and a possible extinction level event is PRETTY DAMNED HIGH. Particularly since it is a completely voluntary risk. Anybody who had a ten shot revolver and put one shell in it and played Russian roulette would be rightly regarded as a damned crazy fool.

The ultimate goal of the crazies is to end all cooperation between Europe and Russia and to break Russia apart. Germany has already committed suicide by participating in the sanctions. German industry is the glue that holds the entire EU together, so it's a loss also.

Russia will not allow itself to be disassembled. It it starts to look as if that's a possibility, Russia will use tactical nukes.

We'll know how bad it's going to be when the troops fighting in Ukraine attack the breakaway Donbass region. It's definitely going to happen and it will be a severe clash.

My guess is, Russia will attempt to keep Ukraine's military from attacking the Donbass region until winter. Then Russia's first response will be to destroy Ukraines entire electrical grid.