Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Angus1895
WTF is with this

LOL?

If it’s funny it should stand on its own.

Or is this a situation comedy with a laugh track.?

Angus,

I agree that it shouldn't be done but I've little choice in the matter because a lot of women post here and they (presumably) never had a father. They don't understand what humor or schit talking is so you have to make it clear that you are not being caustic or hate filled. A lot of them still cry to Rick but I think it helps some of the less retarded ones comprehend that it's OK to joke around with each other.

A perfect example of this would be Fireballz. If you don't clarify that you're busting his balls he will have a meltdown, try to post the names of your wife and children, and figure out where you work. It's not his fault he was born retarded so I try and help him and his ilk by adding "LOL" at the end of my comments.

Another good reason for doing this is that all social media can and is referenced in civil or criminal cases and if you don't annotate that your black jokes were black jokes it could make your defense a bit more difficult if the case involves your shooting or beating the schit out of a black person.

This is not limited to social media either. I often have to do this with some of my dumber friends like BillyGoatGruff. He runs a little hot sometimes and since I'm not standing in front of him when we text he can't detect the nuances of conversation like my body language or tone of voice. If I don't punctuate the comment with "LOL" his autism kicks in and he starts threatening to beat me up and blah, blah, fugking blah.

And sometimes I just want to make sure the person I'm busting balls with isn't going to burst into tears on a Saturday morning. Jorge seems like a great guy but he's clearly menopausal so I will often end my Cuban jokes with an "LOL" to ensure he understands it's a lighthearted comment and that I'm not trying to be hurtful. Same for kamo when I make jokes about the Chinese.

In short, people today are more stupid and sensitive than they have ever been before. It's the reason they want to ban and burn the works of Mark Twain. Had he the foresight of adding an "LOL" at the end of each chapter, the stupid people of today might have had a better grasp of satire and art. Maybe.

It's an excellent question and I thank you for the opportunity to explain.

Have a Great Sunday,
Clarke

LOL