Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
There is so much bad info out there.

Now, supposedly the 911 caller was one of the surviving roommates. Other sources earlier specifically said that it wasn’t.
Most sources are still saying that the original 911 call was to report an unconscious person. Who knows…
They've found that the 911 call was made from one of the dead kids' phones. They don't know who made it, though. A thoroughly stoned roommate could have seen a body and made the call without noticing the blood. They'll have a recording of the call. Was the person male or female, was he/she coherent?

Could be. Who knows?
The 911 call was supposedly 8-10 hours after the suspected time of deaths, so if the call did come from one of the deceased's phones whomever made the call must have known the phone's password.

It seems every hour something contradictory gets reported. That has to be especially frustrating for the family and friends.

Edit: wait. I think there's a way to dial 911 from any phone without having to get past the password nor even have an active phone plan. Maybe. Hell if I know.

Bad information is the norm is a case like this. LE agencies are going to be very careful about releasing any information of substance. They don't want to do anything that could compromise the case in any way. Journalists who are being sent there from all over the country are not going to tell their employers that they can't get enough substance for a story. They'll get info from any "source" that they can. They'll also creatively interpret vague information. These are journalists mind you. Journalistic integrity, if ever there were such a thing, is dead.

No doubt. My limited experience with reporters reflects this thought process. You'd think they would be wanting to NOT be the news source who ended up giving bad info in the end but it seems they really don't care as long as they get something out. Anything.

It won't matter that they got it wrong. With the flood of information flowing, it's too easy for it to get washed downstream. Right now, they have to get views or clicks, and that's all that matters for the business that employs them.