Originally Posted by akasparky
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Supposedly one girl fought back so they say she may have the killer’s DNA under her fingernails. I am sure if that is true then they have that evidence by now.

That isn’t to say anyone she touched earlier wouldn’t have left DNA there too so they’ll need to take that into account, but that is what I read…

I have more confidence in LEOs than many here seem to. They’re being real careful about this and for VERY good reason.

It was in the low 20s between 3 and 4am on the morning of the 13th.
Normal people have a tendency to wear heavier clothing and maybe even gloves during those kinda temperatures.

Someone that sets out to do a little murdering when it's cold may do the same or even dress a bit heavier.

The old CSI classic, skin under the fingernails isn't nessasarly a given.

Neither is the jilted lover scenario.

Probably something at the scene or information the other roommates had are pointing the cops at someone.

Time will tell, or not.

Likewise:
I read a report saying the killer "let them bleed out". In other words he didn't kill them quickly, possibly avoiding injuring vital organs to prolong the events. He may have slashed ankles and wrists to control them. If it is a serial killer, he could be anywhere in the country by now.
They would have been under warm blankets or wearing warm PJ's. He'd have to initially strike hard to get through it and that doesn't lend to surgery. Also unknown is their sleeping positions. Unless they were passed out rather than sleeping, he'd have to get both of them in each room in a hurry to keep the other from waking up and fighting. To say that the killer picked his spots with all that is highly unlikely. He had to strike hard and fast to take out all of them.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.