Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
from Foxnews:
More than a week after the murders of four University of Idaho students, the suspect remains on the loose as police continue their investigations. Now, experts are considering clues – like the knife likely used to kill all four individuals – that may help identify a suspect.

Jonathan Gilliam, a former FBI special agent and Navy SEAL, said the suspect’s use of a Ka-Bar knife, also known as a "Rambo"-style knife, could point law enforcement in the right direction.

"That knife is pretty much a relic," Gilliam said on "Fox & Friends First" Monday. "Nobody really uses that knife except for people that had them when they got out of the military or they got handed down."
Jomathan Gillam is an idiot. If there was no market for KaBars and clones, there would not be dozens available on Amazon imcluding $20 Chinese knock offs. I have seen inexpensive clones in the store made by Ontario Knives.
I agree he's an idiot.
What kind of clues does a K-Bar leave that a Buck doesn't?

I am not sure how much sarcasm is here, but they’re using “K-Bar” generically for a big knife and specifically one with either serrations or a saw back. Supposedly the wounds were consistent with those features and coroners can often differentiate wounds made by a foot long blade vs smaller blades.