Originally Posted by 260Remguy
The Poles are buying a lot of military hardware from South Korea or they are buying the manufacturing rights from South Korea so that they can build the hardware themselves.

Don't forget that the USSR invaded Poland in 1939 at the same time the Nazi Germans did. The Russian killed thousands of Poles, forced a Communist Government on them after the Nazis were defeated, and had troops stationed there until the USSR collapsed. I'd bet that the Poles know how Russians operate as well as anyone and knowing what they know, they've thrown their lot in with Western Europe.
All of the "Useful Idiots" in this thread and elsewhere, are eager to point out that Ukraine is corrupt, the leadership is corrupt, etc.

Here is a Pole's experience with Soviet-inspired corruption.
It's very telling.

Soviet “culture” breeds corruption. Russian influence breeds corruption as well. Ukraine was always (I mean since the fall of the communism) under heavy Russian influence. It takes decades to change that culture as we learned in Poland. It’s been over 30 years since the Iron Curtain fell and it’s only now when Poland is getting (not completely yet) corruption free. It’s still project in the making. Huge improvement though since 1989. So, expecting Ukraine to become corruption free overnight is…just naive. It will take 30-40 years for them (with a lot of HARD work) to turn things around. Russia lost its sister country. I still can’t understand this invasion, but what I know is that Ukraine will join the group of the countries messed up by Russia. They will hate Russia and Russians just like the Balts, Poles or Finns do. They will position themselves with Europe and away from Moscow no matter how this war will end. This is just the beginning. Very painful one, but not that surprising, since they are sharing the border with Russian barbarians.

Nice job Putin.
You sorry, dumb ass.

B L M - Bureau of Land Management