Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by Direct_Drive
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by OldHat
Current political and military comments coming from Russia are vehemently anti Polish. Same can be said about the Baltic states. They all hate the current Russian Federation as much as they hated the communist rule. The Russian Federation has the same expansion designs they have had for centuries.
Russian history would show them to be a large nation mostly isolationist and subject to designs on their territory by the Western European powers. So naturally after their experience with Napoleon and WW1 and WW2 they desired to set up buffer states under their control. Hence the Warsaw pact. And their crash program to develop nuclear weapons and their financing of proxy wars to keep the west broke and busy.

We played a big part in keeping the world in turmoil.

Here are some thoughts from an East European that has faced the Russian :

By the time the USA purchased Alaska from Russia, we in Poland had solid 400 years of experience with Moscow.

They have never evolved past certain stage of government model as a country and continue to represent basically the same values despite tsardom, its collapse, communist revolution and its collapse and of course in the post Soviet era.

That's why when many here were preaching Russia to be your ally 10-15 years ago I was just shaking my head. Everyone has his own opinion and it's fine. That's healthy and should be actually encouraged.

However it is hard to ignore that there are patterns of behavior indicating something completely else. Something that the Poles experienced and identified long, long time ago.

To help you to identify that behavior, one needs to ask himself only a single and very simple question:
- why the individual or the individuals would display the consistent pattern of support (under many excuses) for my enemy's cause?

When we purchased Alaska from Russia, Poland didn’t exist.

And the Poles would like for that to not happen again.