U
Originally Posted by RufusG
Originally Posted by GunGeek
[/b]
Food for thought…
… the depth of the average adult male thorax is probably no more than ten inches, from front of chest to back.[/b]

I'm not going to read the article, because I'm going to guess that they don't define "passed through someone" so as to distinguish your "through the thorax" from "clipped his pinky", thereby rendering the statistics useless. You can chide me if I'm wrong.

Kevin posted 17 were hit directly, that means they were in the line of fire. Bullets are dangerous when flying in ones direction. Know what is behind your intended target. Hit directly has nothing to do with so called "over penetration".

We have a member on the campfire that was shot point black in the chest with a 4 or 6 barrels 38 special 110 grain that cracked his chest but did not penetrate through the bone. He grabbed the pistol and hit the guy on the head son hard that he split his skull. Don't believe that lack of penetration in a lethal confrontation is your friend it is not.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first