Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
4ager, Crimson, Mac, and any others who care to chime in..

Have read most of this thread.. In 4's last post you mention a pelvis hit.. That is certainly a deadly shot. Years ago when my wife and I just had a couple .22 pistols, that is where I told her to but the first shot..
Now, having shot only game, if you used that point of aim, for your first round and assume you had a good hit, what should your next point of aim be?? I would think, as pointed out this would stop or slow an attacker, but would he not be capable of shooting back or suing me later if he lived????

I realize this is not a for sure thing, but I used to tell my wife a couple .22's to the groin and a finisher will settle the case... Only the best advice I could give for what we had.. Self defense and we now have it was many years down the road.. Thanks.

WYO,

I would venture to say that it would all depend on the skill set of the shooter and ability to control your nerves in a very high stress environment.

There is no question that pelvic girdle shots are both incapacitating and painful. Discussing this before, I have likened it to taking out the tracks on a tank. The tank body is down, and not moving but the turret is still functional and deadly.

A lot of organizations practice "body armor/failure drills".

When center mass hits to the chest are not having the desired effect, the shooter applies rounds to either the head or pelvic girdle. If the pelvic girdle is chosen, this is followed up to shots to the head to eliminate the threat. This is not a "stop and observe the effects" type event. You lay a steady wall of hate into the threat until it is no longer a threat, then assess your environment and determine your next course of action.

AS far as using a .22 (which I honestly have no problem with, as it is not a bad choice for many non shooters) I would suggest getting center mass hits first. It may or may not be immediately effective, but it will definitely disrupt the threats OODA loop if they are not wearing body armor.

From there adjust fire accordingly.

Most may not know it, but suppressed .22s are still very popular in many circles.

One bit of history. When Gary Powers was shot down, his suppressed .22 Hi Standard was retrieved and eventually ended up on display in a museum in Moscow.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com