Originally Posted by bfrshooter
I have had many issues with the police here, not mine but for other, like a neighbor's alarm going off and I would get a call to meet the trooper. Then issues of credit card scamming my card.
I have never met more wonderful guys.
LEO's are really great people and I support them but worry they can't protect themselves and will get trashed if they do. They do need training and the best guns. A nine can go through a creep and keep going but you might need 3 more shots. Maybe 19. I would issue 1911's.
The .357 is proven for people and so is the .41 but the .44 mag is not as good, blows through with less damage. The .41 was not good because of recoil.
Just got the latest Guns rag (free issue to buy, get real.) and see Ayoob and Taffin espousing their greatness. Taffy says he learned from reading and both knew great guys but neither did the work, just repeat others. Then the bitch from Taffy about us that say gun rags are not worth reading took the cake.
Those that do best work hard to find truth. The day I would learn a thing from Taffy is not found in the universe.
Then Mike, nice guy with millions of dollars in guns, told me he horse traded for them. Has a cool half mill in equipment. Most free.
I know too stinking much about gun writers, they get free stuff to test. Or pay at cost. Some never pay.

Thanks for the expression of appreciation for LE. Taffin is a retired math teacher. Consequently, his best effort has been as an historian of the single action revolver. That's about it IMO.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ