Originally Posted by RGK
…..
I love to argue, but you need to do MUCHO better. You lost the argument when you mentioned that goofball Yeager. I only said to pick your expert wisely. Too easy, if you want to learn properly. There's way too many REALLY good, experienced people out there that have something to offer than to pick wanna-bees and self-promoters. Don't know where you got the FBI speed rock and crouch thing...never mentioned. It's an old technique. Sometimes it still works. But old TIMERS do have some relevance. I'll listen to Bill Allard any day over an Ayoob character. And that's the point, Mr gmoats. Pick your expert wisely. If you wanna argue some more, PM me; we can talk instructors and experience; love to hear about yours.
Bob

Sorry to take so long to respond Bob, I left my computer and went to Church (which I desperately needed after our conversation this morning) and then shot some 5-stand with my wife……..no doubt you enjoy a good argument…….I have no doubt that you were valedictorian of your Police Academy class, won the Iron Mike award at Ft. Benning and are possibly the Prez of your local chapter of mensa…..but you'd have to willing work at misinterpreting my comments to make the above statement……that's ok….I've quit trying to screw the inscrutable and I bow to your superior knowledge and (evidently) experience……to end on a peaceful note……….I don't give hoot about anybody's feelings about Ayoob, his background, his personality or his hair piece…..I really don't……there is a very real danger however in feeling that only the "guys that have been on the street" are worthy teachers. If that's the primary consideration then you're stuck with buffoons like Yeager, Pincus and the "Shoot like a Seal" guy and you'd have to negate Cooper, Chapman, Shaw, Wilson, maybe Rogers and a few others….witness your comments about Tiger McKee…….at any rate, it's not worth getting worked up about….kind of like getting pissed off arguing about the designated hitter rule in MLB……….as you say, choose your trainers wisely….having been on the street isn't necessarily the best criteria however (that's my main and only point). PAX
Greg

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.