Originally Posted by RGK
Originally Posted by GunGeek
I guess we just can't have this discussion here. Why are we talking about Ayoob? Whether you agree with or disagree with his conclusions (and for the 4th time, I personally disagree with his conclusions)is not the discussion. But just because I disagreed with his conclusions doesn't mean I disregard the data.

The discussion is about the data he presents in the articles, not his conclusions. The data remains regardless of the writer or his conclusions. Is no one capable of discerning this? Or do you think the data is all made up?

I guess this is why lawyers tear down the witness, because most don't have the critical thinking skills to differentiate between message and messenger.

I understand your frustration, but data acceptability is based to some degree on credibility; in this case, Ayoob's. If you're interested in pistol round penetration, read about Dr Fackler's (COL, MD, ret) testing and conclusions. No issues with creds or data, at least with the US Army, FBI, LAPD, etc.
Bob
I don't always agree with his conclusions but I've never seen anything to make me think he was flat out lying. in that business is just way too easy to be caught in a lie, and if you are caught the shooting community would essentially run you out of your job. The man has been doing it for nearly 40 years if he had a habit of lying about data he would've been caught. given that the data presented is consistent with the experiences of other departments I personally don't question the data even though I do question his conclusions.

Last edited by GunGeek; 06/13/15.