Originally Posted by jimmyp
Keltec works OK I guess, the G43 I just bought has a heavier than I want trigger in it compared to a 26, Wolfe springs will fix that. BFR needs to read that run in between the russel/decaro .380's vs .40 cal glock.

jimmyp,

as of today, i have no experience with the Glock m 43, but if it proves to perform anything close to the model 26, it would be a stellar rig...

of course in mentioning the Kel-Tec, it was only to "find out" if it really performed as badly as was mentioned in the thread--it didn't.

while i have a lot of familiarity with the various Kel Tec rigs, in my opinion--of them all--the PF9 appears to have the most issues. they are really rigs wherein it might be said, "carried a lot--but seldom shot". (to me, that does not make for the "ideal, comfy peace of mind" one might typically prefer). they surely have/deserve their place--as they provided excellent alternatives early on when choices were limited. today, the miniaturization of the auto is one of the hottest things going, and i really do feel there are better choices out there these days--though for some the Kel Tec will surely suffice.

when it comes to CC and most women (and guys too, who have little shooting experience), i believe a double action revolver--such as the Ruger SP101, or the Ruger LCR, are nearly ideal...as too often i've seen women limp-wristing, demonstrating confusion/inability to rack slide/manipulate controls on the weapon, etc., and these have occurred in the calm of a shooting range session...

all learning is like a funnel:
however, contrary to popular thought, one begins with the the narrow end.
the more you progress, the more it expands into greater discovery--and the less of an audience you will have...