Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
The idea is just shooting without extending your arms, right? Like the bad guy is right on top of you?

We just call it shooting from retention.

And that's as good a name as any because your firing by index, from a protected position. I call it the CQB Stage and it is fired from about six feet from the "Interview Position"; bladed into the target about 45 degrees with the left hand at chest level, like you're holding a pocket notebook.

On command you simulate throwing the notebook in the azzz... er assailant's face and return it immediately to your chest as you draw, lock your elbow to your ribs and stitch 3 rounds up the torso. You immediately step off on your strong side, shift the gun to your support hand and give him two more to the centerline or melon, your choice. The guys like this stage and most shoot it in under 4 seconds from a locked down duty holster.

I found this pic on the web, probably a better illustration of what I came to know as the Speed Rock, roughly 30 years ago. Believe I'd be using my left to give stick-boy a redirection of his priorities, though.

[Linked Image]
http://www.personaldefenseworld.com/2013/11/cqb-defense-tactics/#cqb-defense-tactics-2

Another modernized version...

Last edited by SargeMO; 06/14/15.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ