Originally Posted by NH K9
Based on a fairly good spread different .45, .40, .357sig, and 9mm loads.....the .357sig with little argument. There were about 25 guys in the class and we shot a variety of duty ammo and ball from each through every part of vehicles possible.

I'm a .45 guy from way back and was dragged kicking and screaming to the P229 in .357. That said, I'm a believer.

The instructors, guys I know and trust, said our "experiment" mirrored prior results.

George

….interesting….the .357 Sig won……..I just got back from a class with John Farnam in which we shot up a vehicle…..unfortunately no one in the class had a .357 Sig nor a 10mm…….I wonder how a 10 would stack up? I've forgotten the exact stats that John quoted, but he said (I'm editorializing) that vehicular penetration decreases by 50% for every 10% of angle deviation from 90% regardless of caliber. I don't know if that's true, but it certainly seemed close to accurate as we shot both perpendicular and at a 45% angle with 12 ga slugs, 223, 308 and all of the handguns represented.

Thanks for your feedback……I wonder if the .357 Sig is going to make it commercially?????

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.