Well this thread has been a very interesting read...something to meditate upon in the wee hours...

Over-penetration may be viewed as a non-issue (especially regarding this thread);

Sniping is an issue in the handgun forum;

The Haldol part was something--i never knew what it was until it was used on a loved one in the hospital last January;

Most of us cain't shoot;

Sentence structure and punctuation are important;

Deer can be down and dirty when punched just aft of the shoulder;

Jerry Miculek really is the best--even when he clowns around;

West Virginia is "good and bad";

9 mm is very iffy at best;

Shooting Kel Tec's is tough sledding--due to "Power Wagon-heavy" trigger pulls, etc., etc.

Since I cain't shoot for sour apples, I decided to have the wife fire a Kel Tec PF9 today, firing Federal 115 FMJ's into paper plates.

I keep telling her, "since the goblins just keep on a-comin, 'specially when yer shootin a 9 mm--you simply gotta shoot whilst hastily retreating--step-itty step."

So, to test out the notion: beginning from the low ready--at the signal she fired five rounds into this plate--whilst retreating from 2 yards to 4 yards, in slightly over 2 seconds...

[Linked Image]

I'm not a big fan of Kel Tec's--and am even less of a fan of semi auto's for most women in the concealed carry endeavors--however, this one time I must admit that the Kel Tec worked, and she made the shots--despite the platform and that "Buick-heavy" trigger pull, the caliber, the over-penetration through the plate, the state we happen to reside in, and, and, and, and, and....

all learning is like a funnel:
however, contrary to popular thought, one begins with the the narrow end.
the more you progress, the more it expands into greater discovery--and the less of an audience you will have...