Originally Posted by Scott F
I never had the training and often wonder what I could have done if I tried. I remember going to a command turkey shoot in 69. That would have made me twenty. Several hundred shot that day. It was 22 rifles provided by Pearl Harbor armoury. Ten shots from prone at a hundred yards and no practice rounds. I was the only one to score a perfect ten X. I won my heat against a Navy rifle teem shooter and I won the overall best score and took home two turkeys.

When I was young and steady I could shoot, 46 years later not so good. Looking back I wish I had the opportunity to see if I could have really been good before the eyes went and the hands started to shake.

Shooting is, frankly, the easy part. No offense to you or anyone else, and certainly not to any snipers but those that are/were snipers know exactly what I mean about the shooting being the easy part.

That training is intense, ridiculous, and by and large concentrates on far more than shooting.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.