Nineteen of those bullets struck Diallo before he went down and dropped the object he was holding, which turned out to be a black nylon wallet. Sixteen of the 19 bullets over-penetrated. Diallo died of his wounds.

After a long and arduous trial, all four officers were acquitted. Had these officers been issued the department’s new 124-grain Speer Gold Dot +P hollow points in time, there is a good chance that he would have gone down with as little as one gunshot wound, giving Diallo a better chance of survival. No such horror stories have happened on NYPD since the hollowpoint ammo has been general issue.

No definition of what the bullets over penetrates and unconfirmed speculation in the second paragraph claiming that he would have went down with one Gold Dot and had a better chance of survival. When I was working on Ellis Air Force base in LV the police shot a dude 21 times with JHPs from handgun and AR-15 rounds plus 4 times with 308 sniper rounds before he went down. My friend that works with Baltimore PD told me of a suspect that did not stop firing until he had Ben hit 40 times most from AR-15 rounds at close range.

Too many variables to make those type of claims.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first