Weird, I never saw any of that. I left with the impression that while I don't always agree with him, I could always follow his logic. He had a strange sense of humor, so there were a few who didn't know how to take him. And his loud use of profanity in certain situations caught a couple people aback, but he was kinda "imitating" what you might encounter on the street, and he didn't really pull any punches.

He did demonstrate some Aikido type arm locks which on the street either work or don't work. Aikido is interesting...against a non-trained opponent it's absolutely devastating. Against someone who really knows his stuff, it can be damn near worthless. Still, most everyone teaches it because when it does work, it's very effective. And once you have someone in a lock/hold, you can get them to comply with just about anything.

When it doesn't work, if you're smart, you usually don't put yourself into any compromising position, you just try it, they pull out of it before you get the hold/lock set, and you both step back...go to plan B.

Some teach such moves and foolproof, when in reality they're only foolproof if you get it set, but setting it is anything but foolproof. I honestly don't recall Ayoob claiming they were foolproof though...that would have set my BS detector off.