Originally Posted by bfrshooter
Cock the hammer to the break point and need another 10# to break the sear is crazy.
My revolvers average 1-1/2# pulls.
OH yeah, you can control it. The pull is more then the gun weighs.
My invite is always open, come shoot.

User error.

I owned these Kel-Tecs several years ago (I own none of them and no Kel-Tecs at all currently).

[Linked Image]

A close up of the version that bfr can't shoot well.

[Linked Image]

Here's the first group at 10 yards with the PF-9. I adjusted the windage after this group.

[Linked Image]

Here's the first group with the P-11 at 10 yards. Again, I adjusted the windage after the group.

[Linked Image]

The PF-9 is striker fired. I found it to be the least comfortable to shoot and the worst to carry concealed due to the design and the stupid light rail out front.

The P3AT was so simple to conceal that it's ridiculous. It was remarkably easy to shoot as well.

The P11 was blocky and not great to carry, but it shot well enough and the traditional DAO with a concealed hammer gave second strike capability should the round fail to fire (never happened while I owned it). It shot a lot like a S&W 642, but had more than 2x the rounds on deck, though didn't carry as well.

Over the past 15 years, I've probably owned a half-dozen P3ATs, a couple P32s, two PF-9s, and four or five P11s. None of them have SA revolver triggers, nor should they. However, if you have a clue about shooting small semi-autos or DAO revolvers, you'll quite easily get acceptable defensive accuracy from them.

Last edited by 4ager; 07/11/15.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.