Jeff-O

As mentioned, the stalking part can be some of the most fun hunting you will ever do. Anticipating their movement, moving in the arroyos and depressions between the rises, using yucca and cholla for cover, can be a hoot. "Playing the real game' as I've heard it described, is something you will enjoy and remember. I have made a couple long shots on pronghorn but I think the ones I worked to get close to were the most rewarding.

My situation is similar to yours in the respect that I have waited longer than you have for my trophy antelope tag. Each season I think it is this year for sure and applicants with fewer points even manage to draw. I've killed a good number of pronghorn but always for meat. When I finally spend my 19 preference points (or however many it ends up being) I'll be hunting differently than I am accustomed to.
One thing that really helped my confidence in estimating and judging them the past few years is just becoming a student of them. Search for photos of bucks, pull out your binos when you have the chance, visit your draw area and see what is there if you can. What I found was that by doing that it really helped me to more quickly pick out the ones I was interested in from the ones I wasn't.

A fella who occasionally posts here goes by Greenhorn. A couple years back he posted a photo of his wall with some pretty nice pronghorn euro mounts as I recall. If you search his posts or can get him to talk to you in a PM he would be someone with a serious background in trophy hunting. Might have some helpful advice.

This time next year you will be 'the man' when if comes to the 'how to'. Waiting to hear how it goes.