Originally Posted by Heym06
I have been following this thread with great interest. I also drew my first Oregon antelope tag this year, I drew the Juniper unit. Scouted the last five days, then came home to regroup and go back next Wednesday. It hot out there, we had 103 on Monday and 100 on Tuesday. Take your own shade for camp. I don't know how far the nearest ice is where you hunt. It's 64 miles rocky slow road for me. Six hours to travel 64 miles! I'll be taking dry ice. One chest with thirty pounds. Then five pounds in each other chest! The thirty is to replenish the food chests and for the antelope! The dry ice plant has offered me the use of one of their large coolers, I may take them up on the offer! Good luck with your hunt!!

Good luck to you! Sounds like you are making your own luck. smile

Just due to some sort of statistical blip I have rifle hunted Steens for deer 3 times in the last 5 years, plus I've been there a bunch of other times starting in the late 80's, so I'm not stressing that I haven't scouted it. In fact I'm not stressing at all. In fact you guys need to stop telling me not to overthink this; I'm in danger of underthinking the dang thing <grin>. I figure, I'll get there, set up camp... figure it out. No hurry really, other than, I guess, that my block ice is all melting away in my coolers every day and will need resupply if I'm still hunting, every few days. Cross that bridge if/when I get to it I'll do a little shooting when I get there. I know just the spot, I checked things at 400 yards last fall there, perfect setup, can shoot from the bed of my truck at light spots on dark boulders with a hill behind them. Curious about the mirage, and my ammo at that altitude/temp. Then I guess we'll see what happens. Just trying like heck to throw the hook of my business entanglements so I can truly go for it- that's the work of the moment, haha... grinding hard on some very engaging work.... as I say, I'm in danger of woefully UNDERthinking this bad boy! grin 'Cause it's right around the corner.

Some years ago I took the time to extend the frame of my wall tent to have a covered awning area. At the time, the thinking was another covered kitchen area for our elk camp, where we got hammered by snow pretty good for a few years straight there. But now iit's sounding nice and shady! Maybe I'll retire up there! grin

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!