Originally Posted by Heym06
I have been following this thread with great interest. I also drew my first Oregon antelope tag this year, I drew the Juniper unit. Scouted the last five days, then came home to regroup and go back next Wednesday. It hot out there, we had 103 on Monday and 100 on Tuesday. Take your own shade for camp. I don't know how far the nearest ice is where you hunt. It's 64 miles rocky slow road for me. Six hours to travel 64 miles! I'll be taking dry ice. One chest with thirty pounds. Then five pounds in each other chest! The thirty is to replenish the food chests and for the antelope! The dry ice plant has offered me the use of one of their large coolers, I may take them up on the offer! Good luck with your hunt!!

We tried dry ice one year and didn't care for it. Yes, the antelope froze in places, but that isn't really necessary. We keep ours on regular ice (mostly cubes, not block, as it fits in the coolers better) for up to 3 days before they get to the processor in Denver. No different than hanging in a meat locker.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.