Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Your way will result in horn degradation. For sure.

You do know that antelope horns are shed every year, right? Ever seen one after 6 months in the weather? Not pretty. I've got two on my desk right now.

They will come loose while hanging on a tree - eventually. They may split, delaminate, get chewed upon be squirrels, mice, porcupines whatever. Ever heard of UV light being good for biological material? There is NO upside to your method. None.

Oh, THAT'S not true. The upside is I don't have to deal with a stinking rotting animal head. smile

Hmmmm. Well, poop. I can keep it out of UV, and it should be ok with rodents... don't have many tree-dwellers here other than squirrels and I doubt they'd be interested. I hung an elk head in this way and some critter bigger than I'd accounted for got it out of the tree and ate the meat off the thing (I'm pretty sure it was Bigfoot, but it's just barely possible it was something else)..... grin....

I know this is borderline hearsay around here but I'm just not a big trophy guy. Having the skull/horns as a momento of the hunt would be cool but it's not really that big a deal to me.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!