One more thought to you lucky dudes with E. Or pronghorn tags. With a few exceptions, most will be bouncing around in extremely remote areas on 5-mph roads. Really, most in the US would not call them roads at all. When selecting campsites or parking spots, do give some thought to escaping potential fires. I.e. routes out, nearest barren lake beds or rocky areas, islands of green, or what have you. Should one get trapped, find a good high density fuel spot, do your own burnout ahead of the fire, and then pull into the ash.

With our exceptional winter snow pack, the desert is supporting about 3 times it's normal level of dry fine fuels. You, and a fair number of other folks will be on roads and ways supporting a lot of cured herbage. Cookie and I spent the AM out touring the now extinguished Cinder Butte fire. At times it ran fast. Burned sites I would have normally thought not possible, and in some spots could have pinched one in with no escape.

Should not be a driving concern, but if one sees smoke or lightening about, do keep an eye out in that direction. No real end to the 90+ degree temps we've been having. Campfires and/or a smoke are for sure no no's unless one stays in a tended and well manicured campground.

Going to be out of Dodge for a few days, so be safe, and good luck.

Last edited by 1minute; 08/05/17.

1Minute