Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter

One thing about buck antelope - they can be curious and sometimes dangerous. Some years back we had a big buck make a fuss about 50 yards away, stomping and snorting. Apparently we were infringing on his space. Last year I had a buck charge me from about 50 yards away. I was so focused on a doe (in a different direction), he nearly got me. I hear Daughter #1 calling my name, which irritated me and I ignored it. She was in the truck a few feet behind me and finally honked the horn. When I looked back over my left shoulder the buck was about a truck length away, head down with the nose almost touching the ground and headed straight for me full speed. As I spun around it took a sharp right and went on the other side of the truck. Had Daughter not honked things would have gotten real interesting.

Good luck on your hunt.

Oh for [bleep]'s sake.

Jeff, whatever you do, don't listen to this idiot. The "danger" from an antelope is right there with the danger of getting your wiener stuck in a ceiling fan.

If anyone here is an idiot it is you. The only reason I didn't get run over by that buck, horns first, is because my daughter honked the truck horn.

If you're willing to put yourself in my place and take the horns in the back at full speed, we'll see if they can be dangerous or not. And if you emerge unscathed, I'll concede your point.

Last edited by Coyote_Hunter; 08/04/17. Reason: spelnig

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.