Today was day 2... I'm making progress here. Got into 2 small herds today. One had no buck at all, the other had a buck even I was hesitating on <grin> but as I was trying to get closer, they saved me the decision by vanishing.

I can say that the reports of their great vision are not exaggerated. WOW!

Gassing up in French Glen just now, was talking to a hunter. He said he's hunted them many times in Wyoming, but this was the first time in Oregon, and he said with a bemused chuckle, "this is completely different!" He hadn't seen anything. Can't confirm or deny that, Just passing it along.

Having a great time getting to know these critters, especially now that I'm figuring out where they are! Yesterday, opening day, I saw 8 doe deer, 3 buck deer, 3 coyotes, and at least 10 sage grouse, a few at heart-attack flush distances. They've got their own little evasive pattern when they fly, eh? Different than the ruffs and blues I've flushed/killed. On one of the sage grouse flushes, a triple, a hawk came in right over me and tried to grab it midair. That was cool to see. But anyway, saw no 'lopes on opener.

Well enough of this I got to get gear ready for tomorrow etc. It's cooled down and tomorrow is a big day. I know where they are, nobody else seems to be hunting that area other than desultory road-hunting...

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!