Jeff -

I assume antelope need hanging just like deer. I haven't shot one yet, I'm still gathering preference points for what amounts to a once in a lifetime Oregon hunt. I've never seen meat that wasn't improved by hang time. Hanging allows enzymes in the meat to break down the connective tissue within muscles a little bit which is why properly aged meat is more tender. It does similar things to change flavor ... noticeable to some people, not to others. A lot of the perceived need for marinades, etc for all game meat is to compensate for inadequate hanging / aging. It is only partially successful. However, no matter how "right" it is, some people just don't like game meat. Feed 'em store beef and save the good stuff for people who appreciate it. smile

I have no eye for judging pronghorn. The important part is that you're happy. Pretty cool journey from planning through collecting rifle parts, building the gun, teaching it to shoot, building comfort and confidence, and then having the plan come together. If I'd done the same I'd be grinning ear to ear. I think ya done good. Congratulations!

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...