Alamosa,

I moved to Montana years ago as a young man with a wife and two young daughters. It was tough supporting a family on Montana wages, I was a hunting fool and kept the freezer stocked with game meat. Raised the kids on it. Store bought meat wasn't in the budget.

Had co-workers who would ask when I got an elk where was their meat. I would laugh and say when you help me pack it off of the mountain I will share it with you.

Never could find an elk next to the road as many seem to, so a pack was always involved.

Game then and now is a precious commodity.

Last year I hunted for twenty days, hiking 8-10 miles a day and never saw an elk. Found tracks the last few days of the season, put a small herd to bed in the north timber. Returned to the adjacent park at first light hoping to catch them out feeding, all I found was fresh wolf tracks.

We used to be able to buy over the counter whitetail doe tags as many as you wished in different counties. Now you have to draw a doe tag in certain units, other units allow no doe tags at all.

A good friend who grew up here killed a bull every year until the wolves arrived. He had a cow tag last year and could not fill it.

This being the campfire I am sure somebody will say you are a lousy hunter and blame the wolves? maybe but I used to be a "lucky " hunter before the wolves.

These experiences formed my opinions regarding the value of game meat.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.