Originally Posted by battue
Nice Antelope Jeff and congrats. Interesting story on how he came to his end. Personally, I have come to leave those caps off. I have them, but unless I think I'm going to need them they stay off.

Have to agree with Smoke on the bring it on yourself comment. I try to like you and do, but you make it difficult. You want to smoke Dope, your choice, but hunting, shooting and THC are not compatable endeavors. You quote your oxygen benefit. I'll have you another to think about: Half-life.

"What is the half life of THC?

The half life of a drug is the amount of time it takes for measured amounts in the bloodstream or urine to decrease by half. The half life for THC is long, because THC is stored in the body’s fat cells (THC is highly lipid and not easily dissolved in water). Therefore, the blood plasma and urinary half-life of THC are best estimated at 3 – 4 days after ingestion. But depending on the quantity of THC ingested and frequency of use, half life may even extend to 10-12 days after ingestion.

THC levels and habitual use

People who smoke once per week will increase the level of THC in their bodies over time because THC has never been fully eliminated. For these people, the baseline THC levels rise based on metabolism and fat content in the body. Furthermore, people who smoke or eat marijuana 3-5 times a week, have both higher baseline levels of THC in their systems and longer half lives of THC. In other words, regular users of marijuana are continually drug effected. So regular users of marijuana must realize that THC is generally more detectable in their systems than in the bodies of periodic/episodic users of marijuana.

You are a big boy. In your life there is a time to smoke dope and there should also be a time to not. When it comes to firearms, that's how it rolls everywhere.

Again, congrates.

Addition: There was a time, I thought I didn't have a problem with alcohol. I thought I was pretty normal. It wasn't until I quit, that I discovered the truth. FWIW....

I advocate for the substance for a number of reasons, to include stickin' it to the man. It's an aggressive and provocative stance here, to be sure. I suspect you guys would be very very surprised at the number of closeted users, both here and in the world in general. Time to get this out of the closet. PAST time. Guess I'm a activist in that sense. I have just seen far too many positive long-term effects from it to be quiet. As I stated on our exercise thread, I've had the surprising and borderline miraculous mid-life discovery of the higher-CBD edibles and their apparent anti-inflammatory (or something similar) effects. It has been, well, miraculous, in terms of my general pain baseline and how "good" my body feels. And I use my body. While any drug can screw people up, without exception EVERY person I know who's a mid-life or older user is notable for their comparatively high level of baseline athleticism, intellectual curiosity, continuing evolution as a human being, a much higher likelihood of being in successful long-term relationships, and so on. Every one. Does that fly in face, heck PISS in the face of what "the man" has been propagandizing all these decades? Yep, and as a person who had to live under the shade of that propaganda, not to mention the legal jeopordy, for far too long, I take some real joy in pissing in that fat stupid face.

I'm not a heavy user by any means and have not been for several decades, though there was that stretch in college... grin. I am a husband. A father. A tax payer. A business owner. I'm self-employed and work daily on machines that, should they get ahold of me, would render me to splintered bone and blood pudding. I am a stickler about daily sobriety. I NEVER mix intoxicants and firearms, which if we were being honest here, many here can't say (cough DeFlave cough). But in the evening, I'm on my own time. And quite frankly as far as I'm concerned this country would benefit hugely on many different levels if many more adults incorporated this substance into their life in some fashion. We'd be, as a "herd", better, across the board.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it <g>.

It was actually very surprising to me that it was like that up there. *I* was not the instigator of the situations in any of the several cases. I'm not gonna whip it out when talking with a bunch of camo'd up hunters I don't know fer Pete's sake. But they did.

Things are changing fast. If you oppose it, you better get busy. Talk to your lawmakers about cracking down. Petition Jeff Sessions about sending the jack-boots into these [bleep] outlaw states to instill some damn law and order!! Advocate for a heavy federal hand and against state's rights; be a voice against free men acting freely. If that's how you are wired, have at it. I/we have been fighting this battle a very long time. We aren't going anywhere. And you'll just have to excuse a little joyfullness on our part that finally, FINALLY, we can begin the process of approaching this more rationally and further, that the clear benefits might make it through to more people.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!