Originally Posted by Grand

Sounds like this same rifle was mentioned here by Safariman as a potential trade offer right at a week before their bankruptcy filing. Obviously he must have still had it just a bit over a couple of months later during the afore mentioned pizza restaurant fundraiser to help out with his kidney transplant surgery expenses.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...:_Dragunov_semi_auto_rifles_#Post9388611

Originally Posted by safariman
OK, now you have gone and done it! I am officially in the hunt for an FN/FAL. I will wait for a bit and sell off something I have or try to work a trade deal at a gun show, but the CETME is going to become an FN/FAL rifle. I probably have too many varmint only bolt actions, so one. of them can turn into one or more AR-15's as well.

Splattermatic, I am 6'3" and 245lbs. Are we close in size? I often find that rifles considered too big or too heavy for some folks are quite comfortable in my hands. I almost never can find gloves that fit my mitts, I am guessing from the photos that you suffer from the same ailments.

If you ever want one of your good semi automatics to become a really nice sporting or varminting rifle with great wood and barrel etc. PM me. I also have a synthetic stocked Remmy pump in 35 Whelen that could be sacrificed to the tools of battle.

Thanks so much for sharing your insight and experience.

GunGeek/Kevin, I much appreciate your insights here as well. You have added much value to these discussions. One of my first 'bucket list' post Kidney transplant hopes is a long ride on my Harley and the back highways from SE Oregon to Reno that I drove via car once are a prime candidate for that trip. Look for a turbocharged hot Rod Sportster down your way topped by a big guy with a mile wide grin from a new lease on life to stop by and take you out for burgers and beer. I 'might' just maybe, let you go for a spin on the beast, too grin