[quote=safariman]Before our few resident judiaizing, joy stealing legalists chime in, I will quote first, the BIG one that now covers my right forearm.

Collosians 2:14

"Having CANCELLED the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us, he TOOK IT AWAY, nailing it to the cross" (added emphasis mine) Praise GOD! If THAT ain't some GOOD news for a change!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Some closer ups so that the detail of our trying to make it look as though the nails through the parchement are driven right into my flesh:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And we simply can not have the imbalance of only one forearm, now can we?

Left forearm, well covered:

[Linked Image]

The words say "SOLE FIDE!" Which means or translates "FAITH ALONE!"

as in not faith in Christ PLUS anything at all. Just Faith, just that with Gods truly amazing and boundless grace. Not faith plus this set of man made religious rules or religiosity, not faith plus a state church membership, not faith plus this book other than the bible or this other creed or rule or...... or..... or.... Just faith and Gods Grace from placing ones TRUST in Christ and the sufficiency of his sacrifice to pay for our sins and making him ones LORD of one's life. For as the Word of God says in Romans:
"If you will beleive in your heart,and confess with your mouth, that Jesus is the Christ, He is LORD, that he is risen from the dead, you WILL be saved" (Again, I added a bit of all caps for some emphahsis) not might be, not if you do that AND something else. Just that. Faith ALONE and then the old laws that are there to be used as a judgement rulebook against those who have refused Christ and his sacrifice no longer apply to you. You are SAVED from that, and to a new life free from bondage and the penatly of eternal death.

For Jesus said, when asked about the law and commandments:

"Love the Lord god with all of your mind, all of your heart and all of your strength and the second is like unto it Love your neighbor as yourself, Upon thee hang ALL the law and the commandments" And when we think about it, if we do those things then we would natrually Worship God, fellowship with other beleivers regualrly, and not covet, steal from, commit adultry with or against, Murder, lie about or otherwise harm our fellow travellers here on this little rock.

It AINT all that tough, and I just HAVE to tell everyone this great news! So, I tatoo'ed some of it to spark conversations and opportuniy's to share this great news, sometimes reffered to as the Gospel. So far, it is working well, Praise the LORD!

MARK

PS For old times sake and maybe a few who have not seen them before, my old ones. Started all of this in 1990 with the three crosses and John 3:16 reference only and was warned sternly that I would be sorry about that first tatoo. So far, not so much! All are still there and spreading the good news or at least giving me opportunites to do that one on one .....

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a7/safariman416/CanCun2008083.jpg[/img]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"