Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by TATELAW
Please don't jump on me, just asking a legitimate question. Exactly when did this evil side of Safariman rear it's head?

I've been a member here for about 5yrs and it seems he was a very respected member of the board when I joined and for a good while thereafter. I've done a deal or two with him in the past, mainly just bullet trades, and they went smoothly. This was a good while back, and after reading some of the threads about the insurance dealings, the possible bankruptcy fraud, the Charger debacle, and the Uberlanche, I'd be leary to deal with him any longer.

I do have the custom 257Wby he had built years ago on a Pre-64 action in my safe. I bought it here on the fire second or third hand, not directly from Safariman. However, on the sale threads at the time, there were nothing but great things said by many members about both the rifle and Mark himself. It is one of my favorite rifles and I don't ever see it leaving my safe.

When did all this change?

He has always been a con man.

The dealings that went well were part of his con. He depended on those who had good dealings to speak up. And they almost always did. That allowed him to get away with ripping people off when he needed to.

Travis

^ Get that man a beer! And a BJ!