Today:

Originally Posted by safariman
Originally Posted by hemiallen
Mark

I suggest you take a few steps back and post everything you know, and have posted on here, in one new add/ posting. You can not deny there is a lot of confusion mentioned in this add, and most seems pretty spot-on, unless you have 2 mashburns. Anyone even remotely interested in buying this gun deserve to have these issues cleared up, if you really want to sell it.

Good luck Mark, I hope you take my post not as a knock, but as a individual seeing a very confusing situation deserving being up-front about. And if you truly do not remember, this may not be a good " money-making" gun to sell to help your finances, as right now it isn't going to sell here.

There is enough evidence that I have read to say your add SEEMS to be in error? Clear this up, and you might find a buyer.

Allen

Good idea there. And I was told via PM where I might find the builders name or signature so I will look for that.

The past:

I hate to take the rifle apart but know it much come apart for the barrel to come off and for normal cleaning etc someday anyway so will separate the stock and action later today and look for makers marks or other signs of who made this thing. I do, of course, have good guns specific hollow ground screwdrivers etc but I am afraid of big 'ol stupid hand slipping. smile Got to get over that, I know. <G>

BobinNH,

OK, I can't STAND it any longer I am taking the plunge! Removing the stock and barreled action from one another to look for markings! Pears requested.... smile

OK! I found a marking! First off the whole rifle has been glass bedded form stem to stern. Tang tip to forend tip so was a little tight and stiff getting apart.

The mark on the bottom of the barrel looks like a flaming capitol D or maybe a backwards E and a D together, sharing the same straigth line that makes the main straight part of both letters. Is this any kind of help or clue to anyone here? I sure do appreciate eveyones kind words and interest in this piece.

MARK

I hope that you do repost and clear up the massive amount of confusion on this rifle. You have posted many things in the past on man different threads that do not align with your current rendition.

Additionally, (though I didn't quote them) when you were showing off your new (to you) rifle, you were more than happy to oblige requests for more pics of the rifle (from numerous angles) and even of the cheekpiece for one member. Yet, when asked for current pics on this thread, you say they are not needed and the rifle is portrayed accurately, while acknowledging the rifle was in the care of a different owner for a couple years and has been hunted and dinged after your pictures were taken. Can't forget about you statement that the rifle will never look as pretty due to you hunting it hard on the Rokon...

Thus, I would recommend (as I suggested early on) that you post some current pictures of the rifle and clear up this mess that your own words have created.

Good luck with your sale and I hope you and your cousin are healing up.