My bad, looks like it was done by JRH custom guns

This is September of 2012. But in a Quote above you had also just received the rifle back from a smith in California in 2013, so you had more work done?

Originally Posted by safariman
Got my newly rechambered 7mm MAshburn super back from JRH custom guns on Wed. Cleaned and polished the barrel to within an inch of its life with various cleaners and JB bore paste, then treated it with Dyna Ultra Bore coat that night and again on thursday afternoon. Moly'ed up some Nosler 120gr BT pills and loaded them ahead of 77grains (top end load for the 7mm WBY, which has less powder capacity) of R-22 and H4831SC and one grain at a time up to 84grns (starting load for the 7mmSTW, which has slightly more powder capacity) with each powder. My thinking being the 7mmWBY has less powder capactiy than my 7 Mash and the 7STW has slightly more so my true max should fall in between the two. On my way to the rife range now, with notebook, safety glasses and chronograph in hand, to find out if my methodology is correct and if so, just what my true top end is with this rifle and these powders using 120gr Moly'ed pills and a UBC treated, lapped custom barrel. Giving this rifle and cartridge its best possible opportunity to shine and be uberfast.

Once I have a top range somewhat established I will return and load three each of my Moly'ed 120gr TTSX's with the powder charges that looked and measured out to be near max with each powder charge and check for accuracy and confirm the speed and safety of those loads. After that, take the most promising load and play with seating depth a little to come up with this years deer hunting load.

After a long wait and much anticipation... Here we GO!!!! smile

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"